Saturday, April 14, 2012

Need Hair Advice.. Dying my hair dark again...?

I have been getting my hair highlighted at a Salon for over a year, I naturally have dark brown hair. Now i have light blonde highlights all over. Its getting to the point where its starting to look bad and i want to go back to a dark/medium brown but i'm afraid that it will turn green because of the bleach in my hair.. any suggestions? I'm open to anything. I would rather do it at home by myself b/c my hairdresser charges way to much for just a color. Thanks.



Need Hair Advice.. Dying my hair dark again...?

use a filler, first of all. get a color a shade or two lighter than what you want to color all over to be. apply it over your head and let it darken your highlights. absolutely do not put an ash in your hair. it will turn a grayish green where your highlights are if you do. then, apply the all over color. your highlights might still be a tinge lighter than the rest of your hair, but after about 4-6 weeks instead of just a retouch, apply the same color all over again.



Need Hair Advice.. Dying my hair dark again...?

Hey there,



Ok I have a LOT of experience with hair colour.



Choose a brown with red highlights, and that will prevent the green color. So my suggestion would to go for a medium warm brown



http://www.lorealparisusa.com/frames.asp...



That is a link to the L'Oreal haircolour page...it has helpful info for colouring your hair.



What they do say is if you want to go darker when chosing a shade, go for the lighter one because you can always go darker next time. Medium warm brown is still pretty dark so maybe something like a chestnut colour would be better. Also some pharmacies that sell hair colours are good as their sales people are trained for selling their haircare so they might be able to recommend you a good shade.



Happy hunting!



Need Hair Advice.. Dying my hair dark again...?

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend doing it at home. It may just seem like not a whole lot of blond and that some dye might do the trick, but it could lead to a huuuuge disaster and the next question by you on here could be "How to fix my mess?" lol =)



You could also risk damaging your hair so badly that it starts to fall out. (most extreme case--depends on the health of your hair)



Save the money!! If you really don't want to pay that much. Try going to a beauty school. Although they are learning, there are teachers that will gladly sit with you and your stylist so that everything is done perfectly. I believe it'll probably cost you around 20 bucks total. Maybe even cheaper. And they will (if for any reason) fix your hair if something went wrong or you just didn't like it. Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment