Saturday, April 14, 2012

How long before should I die before Highlights...?

I have a Appointment to get my hair Highlighted the 6th which is my Birthday, A friend that always does it for me is going to do it the day of so it will be fresh looking, but this time I want to start with a really dark brown base beforehand. How long before I get the highlights done should I die my hair dark, a week or 2 weeks or 2 days....exct...? I don't want to die it dark to far in advance because I want it to look newly died and fresh but I'm scared about the Bleach not taking as well to freshly died dark hair...Thanks.



How long before should I die before Highlights...?

Bleach has to work much harder on colored hair- be it recently or not. So instead of leaving it on for maybe only 30 minutes, she will have to leave it on much longer, further damaging your hair, regardless if you put it on two weeks or two days ago.



Talk to you friend about it and see what she can do. If anything, what you can do is dye your hair then use a color stripper on the day you get your highlights. The only thing is, it makes the highlights look less natural as the bleach will work much more efficiently on only the spots you stripped the color out and not so much the parts you left alone. And if you end up stripping out 90% of your color to get the more natural look, what was the point of dying it? You could also get lowlights as well as highlights put in. She could put the highlights in first then put in dark brown lowlights.



A third option is dying it the day before or two days before you get it done and seperate out the pieces of hair you'd want highlights on and not get any dye on them. Keep them in little ponytails so you know exactly where they are. Just don't make any plans for that day. I don't know how effiecient it would be, because there is the possibility of the brown running into the bleach and dying it if you don't wash all the brown out. Again, I can't vouch for how natural it would be either, but you could always ask your friend to help you sperate the hair into the pieces she would be putting the highlights on, that way, since she has a general idea of what she's doing, you can get as good looking highlights as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment