Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What is the best way to highlight hair with a cap?

Hello, I have bought a Loreal highlighting hair kit, and plan to use it soon. It comes with the cap, and although someone is helping me do it, what is the best way to use it? Do you keep your parting or brush all your hair back and how much hair roughly do you pull out of each hole? Also with the cap does it mean that your hair underneath and all over will be highlightened evenly too?



What is the best way to highlight hair with a cap?

I use a cap... When done right, it looks very professional.



Basically, I just brush my hair back and put the cap on. No need to part hair or anything.



When you pull strands out, you don't want too much. (You know how thick the handles of a Tootsie pop are? Definitely not more than that; a bit less than that is better.



It may not seem like it, when pulling out the hair, thin strands are what you want. If you pull out too much, it ends up looking very fake. Then when it grows out, it looks worse.



The cap is there to protect the rest of the hair from your highlighting mix. If your hair is longer and comes out from the bottom of the cap in the back, be sure to put a towel around your neck, to protect it from getting highlighted.



As far as which holes to pull out from, it just depends on the look you want. I tend to go with all so it will look more uniform as I like to pull my hair up in clips.



It's great that you have a friend to help... I've yet to convince my husband to help! LOL (I usually do this late at night so my kids won't interrupt.)



Best of luck!



What is the best way to highlight hair with a cap?

Part your hair the way you naturall part it. Whatever you pull out will be how thick each streak is. Whatever you don't pull through won't be highlighted.



What is the best way to highlight hair with a cap?

Damn you're dumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment